Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This yummy faux feta tastes a lot like dairy feta and can be used as you would use feta cheese. Crumble it over pasta, grains, or raw vegetable salads. Adapted from The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook by Jo Stepaniak.
- Place tofu cubes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Drain well.
- While tofu is simmering, prepare brine by whisking together remaining ingredients. Add drained hot tofu cubes to brine and let cool at room temperature 20 minutes.
- Chill uncovered in the refrigerator until cold to the touch.
- Cover and chill at least 2-7 days before serving. The longer marinating time will produce a richer tasting, more flavorful feta.
- Shake or stir contents occasionally to ensure all cubes are evenly covered with brine.
- Keeps at least 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- To serve, remove feta with a slotted spoon and drain well. Enjoy!