This yummy faux feta tastes a lot like dairy feta and can be used as you would use feta cheese. Crumble it over pasta, grains, or raw vegetable salads. Adapted from The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook by Jo Stepaniak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place tofu cubes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Drain well.
- 2While tofu is simmering, prepare brine by whisking together remaining ingredients. Add drained hot tofu cubes to brine and let cool at room temperature 20 minutes.
- 3Chill uncovered in the refrigerator until cold to the touch.
- 4Cover and chill at least 2-7 days before serving. The longer marinating time will produce a richer tasting, more flavorful feta.
- 5Shake or stir contents occasionally to ensure all cubes are evenly covered with brine.
- 6Keeps at least 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- 7To serve, remove feta with a slotted spoon and drain well. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Betta Feta (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (822 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.9
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2356.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar