I prefer this meatless, but you may also add tuna if you want - either 2 well-drained cans or a seared tuna steak. From Shape Magazine (June 2005)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, cut into 1 inch ribbons
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup cucumber, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup tomato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 cup herbed croutons
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, oregano, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add lettuce, carrots, cucumber, tomato, beans, and feta; toss.
- Either divide into 4 small bowls or keep in one large one.
- Top with olives and croutons.