Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The author, Nathalie Jordi, makes these and other pops for New York-based People's Pops. You could use other berries instead of the blackberries for a change. Adapted from Bon Appetit magazine.
- Bring 2/3 cup water and sugar to boil in small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Move simple syrup to small bowl and chill until cold, about 1 hour.
- Place blackberries in processor; puree until smooth. Pour blackberry puree into strainer set over medium bowl. Using rubber spatula, press on solids to extract as much puree as possible. Discard seeds in strainer.
- Measure 2 cups blackberry puree and place in another medium bowl for pops (reserve any remaining puree for another use). Add chilled simple syrup, yogurt, honey, and lemon juice to puree; whisk to blend.
- Divide mixture among 10 molds (each about 1/3 - 1/2 cup capacity). Top with mold cover, if available, and insert stick into each. (If cover is not available, cover top of mold with plastic wrap, pulling taut; freeze until partially frozen, then insert stick into center of plastic wrap and into pop mixture in each.)
- Freeze pops until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Dip bottom of mold into hot water 10 to 15 seconds to loosen pops. Remove pops from molds and serve.