1/1 Photo of Bobota (Islander Corn Bread)
1 hr 5 mins
I found this on alleasyrecipes.com. I'm posting it for ZWT 6. Greece
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, warmed
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1Combine sugar, water, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a medium-sized saucepan, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and add honey. Return syrup to low heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3Preheat oven to 375*.
- 4Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl. Combine the honey, orange juice, warm water, and warm oil. Stir into dry mixture, beating until smooth.
- 5Fold in orange peel and currants. Pour batter into a well-greased 7x7 by 2-inch pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- 6Leave in pan to cool, then pour warm Basic Sweet Syrup over it or sprinkle with confectioner's sugar. Cut into squares and serve immediately.
- 7Note: Syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 month. To use, bring to room temperature.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bobota (Islander Corn Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.0
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 160.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: