Savory appetizers made of phyllo sheets filled with a mild cheese mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat together cheeses, egg yolks, and parsley until well blended and creamy.
- 2Lay out 3 sheets of phyllo (keeping remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap), and lightly brush one sheet with butter using a wide pastry brush.
- 3Lay the second sheet on top of the first and brush with butter, and repeat with the third on top of the second.
- 4Spoon a 1/2 inch wide ribbon of cheese mixture along one of the long sides of the dough, and starting from that side, roll up jelly roll style, tucking in the ends as you go to encase the filling.
- 5Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 6Repeat, making 7 more rolls and placing them about an inch apart.
- 7Bake uncovered at 375°F for 15 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
- 8Let cool 15 minutes; then slice through each roll on the diagonal about 2 1/4 inches apart, making diamond shaped pieces.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourekakia (Greek Style Cheese-Filled Diamonds)
Serving Size: 1 (1612 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.4
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 32.7 mg
- Sodium 175.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g