Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Savory appetizers made of phyllo sheets filled with a mild cheese mixture.
Make and share this Bourekakia (Greek Style Cheese-Filled Diamonds) recipe from Food.com.
- Beat together cheeses, egg yolks, and parsley until well blended and creamy.
- Lay out 3 sheets of phyllo (keeping remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap), and lightly brush one sheet with butter using a wide pastry brush.
- Lay the second sheet on top of the first and brush with butter, and repeat with the third on top of the second.
- Spoon a 1/2 inch wide ribbon of cheese mixture along one of the long sides of the dough, and starting from that side, roll up jelly roll style, tucking in the ends as you go to encase the filling.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Repeat, making 7 more rolls and placing them about an inch apart.
- Bake uncovered at 375°F for 15 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
- Let cool 15 minutes; then slice through each roll on the diagonal about 2 1/4 inches apart, making diamond shaped pieces.
- Serve immediately.
I added 1 package of thawed, frozen spinach to the cheese mixture and it tasted quite delicious thanks for the recipe littleturtle!*
Wonderful, I subbed ricotta for the cottage cheese, I find that cottage cheese has to much much moisture in this recipe, otherwise made as stated. thanks littleturtle!...Kitten:)