My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan add oil and saute onion. Add mince and brown add tomato paste with about 2 cups water, marsala spices,cook on medium heat until mince is cooked and not much sauce remaining in pan.
- 2Remove from stove, add grated feta cheese, beaten eggs stir; put aside.
- 3Remove phyllo pastry from packet (there are about 22-24 sheets) cut down lengthwise.
- 4Keep covered with a moist tea towel as they dry out quickly if uncovered.
- 5Take one cut sheet brush with melted butter, fold lengthwise again now you have a long strip doubled.
- 6At bottom place a spoonful of mixture.
- 7Pick phyllo from bottom and fold upwards about 3cm enclosing the meat mixture press sides, then start folding to make a triangle making sure the corners are not sticking outside the fold.
- 8You go right, right, bring that point to the left side and left again and so on until you reach the top.
- 9Brush top of triangle with melted butter and place on baking greased baking tray, when tray is full bake in oven at 200°C until golden brown.
- 10These triangles can be frozen uncooked.
- 11When cooking from frozen stage don't defrost first.
- 12Have a hot over and bake on 200°C.
- 13Sometimes you may have to flip them over in the oven.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourekakia (Meat Triangles)
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.5
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.1 mg
- Sodium 213.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: