1/3 Photos of Briami -- Baked Vegetables (Greece)
1 hr 10 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from the 2002 cookbook, Mediterranean Street Food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, cored, sliced
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced medium-thin
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, yellow bell pepper, zucchini, garlic, onion, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper; mix well.
- 3Transfer mixture to a baking dish; spread into a tightly packed layer.
- 4Pour 1/4 cup water into the dish.
- 5Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes, turning the vegetables 4 or 5 times during baking.
- 6Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Briami -- Baked Vegetables (Greece)
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 53.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g