Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from the 2002 cookbook, Mediterranean Street Food.
Make and share this Briami -- Baked Vegetables (Greece) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, cored, sliced
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced medium-thin
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, yellow bell pepper, zucchini, garlic, onion, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish; spread into a tightly packed layer.
- Pour 1/4 cup water into the dish.
- Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes, turning the vegetables 4 or 5 times during baking.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Great veggie dish! I used a green bell pepper instead of yellow, otherwise made as directed. Served as a side dish with some chicken but this would be a great main dish with some nice crusty bread too. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Really a pretty good vegetable dish. I could probably have doubled the seasonings. I did double the recipe for a large gathering and it took almost 2 hours to cook, and could have used some more time after that. Next time I'll cut the potatoes in somewhat smaller bites.
We do most of our cooking outside when we travel in our caravan-this dish had the neighbours telling me how good it smelled! I followed the recipe except for only using two tablepoons of oil in it and increasing the ater to make up for it. Oh, and I used red and green bell pepper because I refused to pay $18 kg for yellow. I made the full re cipe and we plan to eat the rest cold tomorrow as we fish. Thanks for a fantastic recipe Syd.