1/1 Photo of Brown Rice With Spinach and Feta Cheese
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
"Jazz up plain old rice with the flavors of Greece. This main-dish casserole gets powerful antioxidents from the spinach and plenty of fiber from the brown rice." - From the Prevention Magazine book, "Natural Healing Guide 2002"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion and sautee for about 5 minutes or until just golden.
- 3Stir in the rice and water.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- 6Simmer, covered for about 45 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed.
- 7Remove from the heat.
- 8Preheat oven to 350°F Oil a 8x8 baking dish (ceramic or glass would probably be best).
- 9Stir in the spinach, feta and olives into the rice.
- 10Stir in the eggs.
- 11Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- 12Bake, uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife incerted into the center comes out clean.
- 13Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice With Spinach and Feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.8
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 212.7 mg
- Sodium 534.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 17.5 g