Cook1 hr 10 mins
"Jazz up plain old rice with the flavors of Greece. This main-dish casserole gets powerful antioxidents from the spinach and plenty of fiber from the brown rice." - From the Prevention Magazine book, "Natural Healing Guide 2002"
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sautee for about 5 minutes or until just golden.
- Stir in the rice and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer, covered for about 45 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Oil a 8x8 baking dish (ceramic or glass would probably be best).
- Stir in the spinach, feta and olives into the rice.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife incerted into the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.