The broiled ricotta has a sweetness that balances wonderfully with the olive and herby tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus more for brushing)
- 12 slices crusty baguette (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups ricotta cheese (whole, not part-skim)
- 1/4 cup pitted greek-type black olives (coarsely chopped)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl, combine tomatoes with shallot, parsley, oregano, vinegar, lemon zest, red pepper and the 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt.
- 3Brush bread slices on both sides with oil and bake for about 10 minutes, until golden and crisp. Rub lightly with garlic clove.
- 4Preheat broiler and position a rack 6" from heat. Spread ricotta in a shallow medium gratin dish in a 3/4" thick layer. Drizzle with oil and brown for about 10 minutes, turning the dish occasionally, until ricotta is bubbling and brown. Remove from oven, spoon relish on, and top with chopped olives. Serve with garlic toasts.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bruschetta With Ricotta and Olive-Tomato Relish
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 841.7
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.7 mg
- Sodium 1383.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 31.6 g