Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
The broiled ricotta has a sweetness that balances wonderfully with the olive and herby tomatoes.
Make and share this Bruschetta With Ricotta and Olive-Tomato Relish recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus more for brushing)
- 12 slices crusty baguette (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups ricotta cheese (whole, not part-skim)
- 1⁄4 cup pitted greek-type black olives (coarsely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes with shallot, parsley, oregano, vinegar, lemon zest, red pepper and the 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt.
- Brush bread slices on both sides with oil and bake for about 10 minutes, until golden and crisp. Rub lightly with garlic clove.
- Preheat broiler and position a rack 6" from heat. Spread ricotta in a shallow medium gratin dish in a 3/4" thick layer. Drizzle with oil and brown for about 10 minutes, turning the dish occasionally, until ricotta is bubbling and brown. Remove from oven, spoon relish on, and top with chopped olives. Serve with garlic toasts.
Made this for thanksgiving. Everybody loved it and could not get enough of it. Very very good lots of flavor. My soon to be mother in law is going to make it for a party at work. The only flaw was that the olives were left out in the directions so dont forget about them.