1 hr 15 mins
This is an interesting side dish that might be good with a Greek dinner. Bulgar is inexpensive and filling!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the bulgur and the chicken stock in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes until the bulgur has absorbed the stock. Set aside.
- 2In another small saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until just tender. Drain well and set aside to cool.
- 3Combine the cooked bulgur, drained orzo and the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pack the mixture into well-greased timbale molds and place in a baking pan. Fill the pan with hot water so it comes one-third of the way up the sides of the molds.
- 4Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. Remove the baking pan from the oven and remove the molds from the pan.
- 5Invert the timbales onto plates. If you have trouble getting the timbales out, run the blade of a table knife around the insides of the molds.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bulgur Pesto Timbales
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.1
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 145.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: