1/3 Photos of Butter and Cheese Noodles(Makaronia)
Cat Cora makes these to serve with her Kota Kapama(Chicken Stewed in Wine, Garlic and Cinnamon). This would also make a simple dinner paired witha big green salad. From Cat Cora's Kitchen cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2-1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus kosher salt to taste
- 10 ounces egg noodles (or penne or rigatoni, or macaroni)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons grated pecorino cheese (or kasseri if you can find it) or 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (or kasseri if you can find it)
- 1/2 cup pecorino cheese, for serving (or Parmesan)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add 1/2-1 tbls. of the salt and the pasta. Cook until al dente, 5-7 minutes(until it still has a little bite to it-not too soft). Drain.
- 2In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium hight heat. Add the pasta and 3 tbls. grated cheese.
- 3Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- 4Top with remaining cheeses and serve hot. Enjoy! Opa!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter and Cheese Noodles(Makaronia)
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.3
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 888.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: