Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cat Cora makes these to serve with her Kota Kapama(Chicken Stewed in Wine, Garlic and Cinnamon). This would also make a simple dinner paired witha big green salad. From Cat Cora's Kitchen cookbook.
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus kosher salt to taste
- 10 ounces egg noodles (or penne or rigatoni, or macaroni)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons grated pecorino cheese (or kasseri if you can find it) or 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (or kasseri if you can find it)
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino cheese, for serving (or Parmesan)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add 1/2-1 tbls. of the salt and the pasta. Cook until al dente, 5-7 minutes(until it still has a little bite to it-not too soft). Drain.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium hight heat. Add the pasta and 3 tbls. grated cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- Top with remaining cheeses and serve hot. Enjoy! Opa!
A nice and simple pasta dish -- could be used as a side or main dish. Thank you so much for sharing!
Mmmmm! THE Friday night supper of my childhood ~ a great mac and cheese! True comfort food! I went a little lighter on the salt and added a few extra grinds of pepper. Thanks for sharing Sharon. Made for Zwizzle Chicks for ZWT6.
This is a very pleasant dish. It's reminiscent of the original Alfredo sauce, which was only butter and cheese. Made for ZWT 6.