Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great recipe to serve as an appetizer or as a side dish with steak for a great surf and turf. Be sure to serve with a crusty bread to soak up the sauce. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, peeled deveined and butterflied
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper (more if desired)
- Combine butter, garlic,onions and lemon pepper Add shrimp, tossing to coat.
- Marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat gas grill to medium heat.
- Pour shrimp mixture into foil pie pan and grill for 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and curled.
These were terrific. I've made them twice and the last time I added a package a Bay Scallops. I also added tarragon instead of onions plus a Tbs of lemon juice. Just excellent and so easy to do. Would work in the oven too. Thanks Kate in Ontario from Tebo in BC
Oh how I loved these shrimp, so full of flavor and really delicious! I squirted lemon on mine before serving as I am a lemon lover. So good!
WOW! this was great. We really enjoyed this recipe. Its one I am so sure we will make again many times. I let the shrimp marinate for several hours and than we put them on skewers and grilled them. We shared them with our friends too and of coarse the shrimp was a big hit with them too. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.