Buster's friend's Note:
This recipe will make good use of our Franchi Red Pear tomatoes, White Lightning eggplant & basil from the garden & the plentiful calamari from our waters. Received in email from gourmet-recipes-from-around-the-world. Thanks Petro B.!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 Japanese eggplants, sliced lengthwise into 6 pieces each
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped into 1/4 inch dice
- 12 baby calamari, whole, peeled and cleaned, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1/8 cup basil, chiffonade
- 1In a 12 inch to 14 inch saute pan, heat together oil, onion and garlic over medium high heat until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2Add eggplant and cook until just softened.
- 3Add tomatoes and lemon and season with salt and pepper and cook until they fall apart, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Add calamari, season again, and cook until just opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
- 5Add basil and toss.
- 6Arrange on platter and serve.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calamari in the Greek Style
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.7
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: