Adapted from The Wine & Food Lover's Diet, this couldn't be simpler. You could start from dried beans and use fresh peas, but it's delicious with beans from th can and peas from the freezer. The cooking time is macerating time.
- 118.29 ml baby peas (if frozen,thawed)
- 425.24 g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 118.29 ml mint leaf, packed fresh chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml red wine vinegar
- 7.39 ml oregano, fresh, f inely chopped (optional)
- 59.14 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large serving bowl, combine peas, beans, mint, red and yellow peppers, garlic, oil, vinegar, oregano and feta.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Let the salad stand for 30 minutes.
- Toss gently before serving.