1/4 Photos of Cat Cora's Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
Cat Cora says she loves the challenge of making Brussels sprouts irresistible. Her secret is to really let them caramelize in the brown butter. Keep them in the pan until the insides are tender and delicious! From Cat Cora's Kitchen cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the bottom stems off and peel off any bruised or wilted leaves. Cut an x into the stem end (this helps them become a bit more tender during cooking). Cut each sprout in half.
- 2In a saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add 1 tbls. of the salt and the Brussels sprouts. Cook about 10 minutes, or tender when pierced with a knife.
- 3Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat and cook until golden brown. Add the sprouts. Cook for 10 minutes, constantly stirring until well caramelized on all sides.
- 4Remove from heat, then add the capers, lemon juice, pepper, and the 1 teaspoons salt. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cat Cora's Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (1512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.5
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.7 mg
- Sodium 2110.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 10.0 g