Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cat Cora says she loves the challenge of making Brussels sprouts irresistible. Her secret is to really let them caramelize in the brown butter. Keep them in the pan until the insides are tender and delicious! From Cat Cora's Kitchen cookbook.
- 3 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Cut the bottom stems off and peel off any bruised or wilted leaves. Cut an x into the stem end (this helps them become a bit more tender during cooking). Cut each sprout in half.
- In a saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add 1 tbls. of the salt and the Brussels sprouts. Cook about 10 minutes, or tender when pierced with a knife.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat and cook until golden brown. Add the sprouts. Cook for 10 minutes, constantly stirring until well caramelized on all sides.
- Remove from heat, then add the capers, lemon juice, pepper, and the 1 teaspoons salt. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
This is a great recipe for brussels sprouts. I steamed them. And I omitted the capers cause I didn't have :( But I'll have to try it with capers. It's great with parmesan on top. Thanks Sharon :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT
I love brussels sprouts with browned butter. By adding the lemon juice, capers and parmesan as in this recipe, you're adding a whole bunch more flavor! I had teeny sprouts, so I didn't cut them in half. Thanx for sharing this. It's a keeper!
loved these sharon i made with the feta and browned butter noodles great lunch zaar tour 6 do you know your the only sprouts over heere at greece and im only one in name lol dee