1/2 Photos of Cat Cora's Greek Shrimp and Caper Salad
Pesto lover's Note:
This sounds wonderful. I found this recipe on greenbeansnmore.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, white & tender green parts, finely chopped
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 30 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1Bring 2 quarts water to boil in 3 qt pan. Add 1 tsp salt. Drop shrimp in and cook till just pink. Drain and rinse briefly with cold water.
- 2Mix lemon juice, garlic and red pepper flakes in large bowl and add hot shrimp to this mixture. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together all dressing ingredients, except parsley.
- 4Mix shrimp with remaining salad ingredients.
- 5Pour dressing over shrimp and sprinkle parsley over salad. Mix well.
- 6Chill until cold.
- 7This salad can be served over greens.
- 8This can also be served over cooked orzo. If serving with orzo, use 1 lb of orzo and triple the dressing ingredients, so that there is enough to coat and flavor the orzo.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cat Cora's Greek Shrimp and Caper Salad
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.4
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 190.9 mg
- Sodium 1100.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 22.0 g