Fantastic! I tested this omelet on Sunday, when they took a deep breath in the kitchen!It was in the February, 2008 edition of Gourmet Magazine, Ruth Cousineau. There were little bites of cauliflower sauteed in spicy EVOO which gave the open-face omelet texture; and the feta(which I won't be able to use for the residents)lends it a nice and salty flavor. After thinking about it we decided that we would add "crumbles" of cheddar. It is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (if needed use more but I think you will need even less)
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch-wide florets (3 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (2 oz, or other cheese of choice)
- 1/4 cup packed flat leaf parsley
- cooking spray, olive oil flavored
- 1Beat eggs with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- 3Heat oil & crushed red pepper flakes in a 10-inch heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then sauté cauliflower until browned and tender, 5 to 9 minutes.
- 4Reduce heat to medium, then add garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and sauté 1 minute.
- 5Pour eggs over cauliflower.
- 6Cook, lifting edges to let uncooked egg run underneath and shaking skillet occasionally to loosen omelet, until almost set, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 7Slide out onto a large plate.
- 8Put skillet over omelet and, using pot holders, firmly hold plate and skillet together, then invert omelet back into skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- 9Slide out onto plate and sprinkle with feta and parsley. (You can use cheddar if you want).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower and Feta Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.5
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 562.1 mg
- Sodium 1222.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 24.2 g