Serve with steak, chicken, fish or whatever pleases you! Adapted from Cooking With Onions, Favorite Onion Recipes. The Spanish, Greeks and Italians all use red onions extensively. Also popular in the Southwest, West and the South!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place onion halves cut sides down in shallow pan.
- 2Bake at 425*F for 30 minutes or until onions are slightly soft when squeezed and their cut sides are blackened.
- 3When cool enough to handle, remove onion skins and trim stems.
- 4Place onions in a food processor with olive oil, vinegars and red pepper flakes.
- 5Process in two or three 2-second pulses or until coarsely chopped.
- 6Add olives and oregano and process 2 to 4 seconds just until chopped.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charred Red Onion Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.7
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 394.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g