Wilkinson JPS's Note:
Although this is called Cheese Pita, it is actually made with phyllo. My kids just call it cheese pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1thaw phyllo.
- 2preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3lay thawed phyllo on a flat surface and cover with damp tea towel.
- 4mix cheese, eggs and salt - set aside.
- 5on an 11" x 17" greased baking pan lay phyllo to cover.
- 6brush with melted butter.
- 7repeat until there are six layers.
- 8spread cheese filling evenly over phyllo, leaving about 1/2" around the edges.
- 9cover with phyllo brushed with butter.
- 10repeat until there are eight layers.
- 11tuck in egdes.
- 12brush top lightly with butter.
- 13bake until top browns, approximately 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Pita
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.4
- Calories from Fat 498
- Total Fat 55.4 g
- Saturated Fat 33.1 g
- Cholesterol 231.7 mg
- Sodium 969.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 17.3 g