Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Although this is called Cheese Pita, it is actually made with phyllo. My kids just call it cheese pie.
- thaw phyllo.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- lay thawed phyllo on a flat surface and cover with damp tea towel.
- mix cheese, eggs and salt - set aside.
- on an 11" x 17" greased baking pan lay phyllo to cover.
- brush with melted butter.
- repeat until there are six layers.
- spread cheese filling evenly over phyllo, leaving about 1/2" around the edges.
- cover with phyllo brushed with butter.
- repeat until there are eight layers.
- tuck in egdes.
- brush top lightly with butter.
- bake until top browns, approximately 30 minutes.