Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Although this is called Cheese Pita, it is actually made with phyllo. My kids just call it cheese pie.
- thaw phyllo.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- lay thawed phyllo on a flat surface and cover with damp tea towel.
- mix cheese, eggs and salt - set aside.
- on an 11" x 17" greased baking pan lay phyllo to cover.
- brush with melted butter.
- repeat until there are six layers.
- spread cheese filling evenly over phyllo, leaving about 1/2" around the edges.
- cover with phyllo brushed with butter.
- repeat until there are eight layers.
- tuck in egdes.
- brush top lightly with butter.
- bake until top browns, approximately 30 minutes.