Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in Food & Travel magazine and it looked too good to pass up. I haven't tried it yet.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C or 350°F.
- Grate the cheeses into a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 of the eggs and then blitz to a purée using a hand blender.
- Add the mint, nutmeg and black pepper (to taste).
- Mix well.
- Take two sheets of filo.
- Brush one with melted butter and then lay the other directly on top.
- Cut into strips about 5 x 20 cm.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the filling in the centre of the strip, about 2 cm from the end.
- Fold over one corner to form a triangle.
- Turn in the edges by about 5mm and then continue folding over the triangle until you reach the end of the filo strip, buttering well with each turn.
- Continue making pastries until you have used up all the mixture.
- Arrange them on a baking tray.
- Beat the milk with the remaining eggs and pour this liquid over the triangles.
- Let the tray stand at room temperature until the liquid is absorbed.
- Place a bit of cold butter on each triangle and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden.