1 hr 10 mins
I found this recipe in Food & Travel magazine and it looked too good to pass up. I haven't tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 C or 350°F.
- 2Grate the cheeses into a mixing bowl.
- 3Add 2 of the eggs and then blitz to a purée using a hand blender.
- 4Add the mint, nutmeg and black pepper (to taste).
- 5Mix well.
- 6Take two sheets of filo.
- 7Brush one with melted butter and then lay the other directly on top.
- 8Cut into strips about 5 x 20 cm.
- 9Put 1 tablespoon of the filling in the centre of the strip, about 2 cm from the end.
- 10Fold over one corner to form a triangle.
- 11Turn in the edges by about 5mm and then continue folding over the triangle until you reach the end of the filo strip, buttering well with each turn.
- 12Continue making pastries until you have used up all the mixture.
- 13Arrange them on a baking tray.
- 14Beat the milk with the remaining eggs and pour this liquid over the triangles.
- 15Let the tray stand at room temperature until the liquid is absorbed.
- 16Place a bit of cold butter on each triangle and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Triangles
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.0
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 160.6 mg
- Sodium 627.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: