1/2 Photos of Cheesecake Baklava
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Long instructions because of the detail, but it's really easy to do and a spectacular presentation. Creamy cheesecake filling held by a crisp, buttery, phyllo crust and topped with a baklava layer - fantastic! This must be made 2 days before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup greek thyme honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb phyllo pastry
- 1Position rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- 2Beat cream cheese in large bowl of mixer until light and fluffy; gradually mix in honey, lemon juice and vanilla; on low speed, add eggs, one at a time, beating until each has been incorporated before adding next.
- 3Brush 10 inch springform pan generously with melted butter.
- 4Take 1 sheet of phyllo pastry with long end facing you (cover the remainder with a sheet of wax paper and a dampened kitchen towel) and brush half of sheet with melted butter; fold over unbuttered half to turn the rectangle into a square shape; brush top of phyllo with butter and place in springform pan, buttered side up, leaving a 5 inch overhang on one end; cover pan with a dampened towel; repeat with phyllo 4 more times (using 5 sheets); wrap remaining phyllo in plastic and refrigerate; stir through cheesecake filling and pour into crust; cover filling with pastry overhang; bake until pastry is light brown and cake is firm to the touch, about 50 minutes; let cool for 20 minutes and carefully remove pan sides and cool completely; refrigerate 2 days to mellow flavours (keep cake covered after the first day).
- 5For Topping: Preheat oven to 350F; cover baking sheet with 2 sheets of parchment; coarsely grind nuts with 1 tblsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 6Stack 10 reserved phyllo pastry sheets on work surface; set rim of 10 inch springform pan atop pastry; cut around outside of rim through entire stack of phyllo, making 10 pastry rounds; cover with damp towel; set pan rim on prepared baking sheet; brush parchment and inside of pan rim with butter; place 1 pastry round in pan rim and brush with butter; repeat with 4 more rounds; spread nut mixture evenly over pastry; top with remaining 5 rounds, brushing each with butter; cut pastry into 16 wedges with sharp knife (this is important as phyllo bakes up very crisp and would shatter if you tried to cut it fully baked); sprinkle lightly with water; bake until crisp and golden, about 30 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, heat 1/3 cup sugar, water and lemon juice in heavy small saucepan over low heat, swirling pan occasionally until sugar dissolves; add cinnamon stick, increase heat and boil until syrupy, about 4 minutes; remove from heat; when bubbles subside, stir in brandy.
- 8Set baked pastry on cake, using a large spatula; recut wedges gently; replace pan rim on cake; pour hot syrup over; cool 1 hour; refrigerate for 1-6 hours; let cake stand at room temperature atleast 20 minutes before serving.
- 9Enjoy the fruit of your labours!
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesecake Baklava
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 700.2
- Calories from Fat 441
- Total Fat 49.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.4 g
- Cholesterol 222.7 mg
- Sodium 546.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 13.3 g