Chef Pierre's Note:
I was getting bored with traditional omelettes, I needed something zesty and tangy, so I looked in the refridgerator and it all came to me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 2 marinated artichoke hearts (slice them up)
- 3 roundtop mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 stalk asparagus (cut into discs, staying in the soft parts)
- 1/2 sweet green pepper (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese (you shred it)
- 1You can also add your own veges to this as well.
- 2In a small bowl whisk the two eggs and milk together and put them aside.
- 3Using medium-high heat, in a saute pan or small skillet, saute the artichokes, green peppers, asparagus and mushrooms in the extra virgin olive oil, and balsamic vinegar-- (my mouth is watering just typing this).
- 4When through, put them aside.
- 5On medium high heat, melt the butter in a ten inch skillet and then pour the egg mixture inches Be sure it is even as it cooks.
- 6When the surface of the eggs looks firm, put the sauteed veggies and Parmesan cheese on half of the egg mixture, fold the side without veggies and cheese over onto the side that does.
- 7Cook for another 1-2 minutes and get ready to eat something special.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Pierre's Mediterranean Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.3
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 432.3 mg
- Sodium 1118.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 42.6 g