Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was getting bored with traditional omelettes, I needed something zesty and tangy, so I looked in the refridgerator and it all came to me.
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon milk
- 2 marinated artichoke hearts (slice them up)
- 3 roundtop mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 stalk asparagus (cut into discs, staying in the soft parts)
- 1⁄2 sweet green pepper (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese (you shred it)
- You can also add your own veges to this as well.
- In a small bowl whisk the two eggs and milk together and put them aside.
- Using medium-high heat, in a saute pan or small skillet, saute the artichokes, green peppers, asparagus and mushrooms in the extra virgin olive oil, and balsamic vinegar-- (my mouth is watering just typing this).
- When through, put them aside.
- On medium high heat, melt the butter in a ten inch skillet and then pour the egg mixture inches Be sure it is even as it cooks.
- When the surface of the eggs looks firm, put the sauteed veggies and Parmesan cheese on half of the egg mixture, fold the side without veggies and cheese over onto the side that does.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes and get ready to eat something special.