Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Made this up after reading a few other recipes.
Make and share this Chicken and Chard Pasta Mediterranean Style recipe from Food.com.
- 7 -10 stalks chard leaves
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) bag rotini pasta
- 1 cup kalamata olive, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Start water boiling for pasta, salt the water. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove leaves of chard from stems. Chop stems into 1/2 inch pieces, and cut leaves into medium sized pieces.
- Heat large saute pan or pot over med high heat. Add 1 tbs olive oil and saute chicken until lightly browned. Do it in two batches if necessary. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add another tbs of oil to pan, add onion, chard stems and garlic. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, vinegar and rosemary to deglaze. Add the chard leaves and cook until wilted and liquid is reduced, about 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add pasta (I use rotini) and cook according to package directions, make sure to cook al dente.
- Add cooked pasta to other ingredients, along with about 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes, and stir to combine.
- Add olives, cherry tomatoes and salt and pepper. Mix and pour mixture into large baking dish, top with bread crumbs and parmigiana. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and put in oven for 15-20 minutes - just until bread crumbs are browned.
- Let cool for just a couple minutes before serving.