1 hr 15 mins
Az B's Note:
from http://greekfood.about.com. This dish is delicious served over orzo or rice pilaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, cut into parts
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 fresh artichoke hearts, halved or 6 one 15 oz. can artichoke hearts, rinsed and halved
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Clean chicken parts and remove skin. Pat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat one tablespoons olive oil and one tablespoons butter in a large, oven-safe skillet. Cook the chicken pieces over medium-high heat until nicely browned. Remove browned chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- 4Heat the remaining tablespoons olive oil and tablespoons of butter. Add the onions and mushrooms to the skillet and saute until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add 2 tablespoons flour to mushrooms and onions and cook while stirring, about a minute.
- 6Add broth and wine to skillet and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens and reduces, about 5 minutes.
- 7Return chicken to the skillet (with the juices from platter), add artichokes, and cover. You can also transfer to a heat-safe casserole dish if you don't have an oven safe skillet. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- 8Re-season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Artichoke Bake (Kota Me Aginares Plaki)
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.1
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 172.3 mg
- Sodium 872.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 48.7 g