Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted for ZWT 7
Make and share this Chicken Artichoke Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into large pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt 3 tbsp of olive oil in large skillet then brown the chicken and onion. Place the chicken and onions in baking dish then season with salt & pepper.
- Add remaining oil to a skillet & saute the mushrooms for 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms then stir in broth and wine. Simmer until thick and smooth.
- Arrange artichokes around the chicken then pour mushroom sauce over top. Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
This dish tasted really great, and it reminded me of something my parents used to make when I was young. The gravy tasted great over couscous.
This was a great combination of flavors! I followed the recipe completely, only substituting 4 Tbsp. olive oil for the first go-round of butter, in an attempt to cut some saturated fat. I used a 13.75 oz. can of whole artichoke hearts in water, and I ended up cutting them in half, and it turned out to be perfect. I also used crimini mushrooms. The recipe didn't specify, so I assumed that a 9x13 baking pan was to be used, and that worked great. I didn't have any ingredients prepped beforehand (I bought whole mushrooms, I had to cut the thawed chicken breasts up, etc.), and after a long day of work, the gym, and everyday chaos, this was a little more extravagant then I would make just for an everyday meal, but I would definitely make it on a weekend, or even for company - it is that good! I served it over whole wheat bowtie noodles, with a side of green beans. Great post, thanks!