This recipe is from the book "Low Fat Lies". It is simple and if you use frozen cubed chicken breast, all the ingredients can be kept on hand, so it makes a great meal when you didn’t shop. Don't take the quantities as gospel -- change them to meet what you have (or like). It is not necessary to thaw frozen cooked cubed chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 roasted red peppers (from a jar cut into strips)
- 40 medium olives
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichokes
- 8 ounces dry pasta (works better with short pasta)
- 1Cook Pasta.
- 2While pasta cooks.
- 3Add the pepper to the flour.
- 4Coat the chicken with the flour and pepper mixture.
- 5Cook garlic about 2 minutes in oil over medium low heat.
- 6Add chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- 7Add the peppers and olives, cook until just heated though.
- 8Add artichokes with liquid and cooked until everything is heated through.
- 9Serve over the pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Artichokes, Roasted Peppers and Olives
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.4
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 414.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers