Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the book "Low Fat Lies". It is simple and if you use frozen cubed chicken breast, all the ingredients can be kept on hand, so it makes a great meal when you didn’t shop. Don't take the quantities as gospel -- change them to meet what you have (or like). It is not necessary to thaw frozen cooked cubed chicken.
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 roasted red peppers (from a jar cut into strips)
- 40 medium olives
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichokes
- 8 ounces dry pasta (works better with short pasta)
- Cook Pasta.
- While pasta cooks.
- Add the pepper to the flour.
- Coat the chicken with the flour and pepper mixture.
- Cook garlic about 2 minutes in oil over medium low heat.
- Add chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the peppers and olives, cook until just heated though.
- Add artichokes with liquid and cooked until everything is heated through.
- Serve over the pasta.
I love this recipe! You can keep the ingredients on hand and it is a quick and easy dinner. It is great hot and tastes good cold also. I find it tastes better with 1 lb of chicken and I used a 12 ounce jar of roasted red peppers (not the juice). I also used Italian seasoning (comes in a grinder) instead of the pepper (the mix does contain pepper). I also added a little chicken broth at the end, just to have some extra juice with the rotini noodles.