1 hr 10 mins
The idea for this recipe originated last Winter after tasting French and Swiss Raclette Cheese which I had purchased for the Holidays. My objective was to combine the marvelous flavors of the Raclette Cheese with capers and caper brine marinade. http://home.earthlink.net/--egeorgect/kitchenscience/id13.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Rinse chicken breast with cold water.
- 3Place meat in aluminum or copper roasting pan
- 4Pour chicken gumbo stock over chicken and leave excess stock in
- 5roasting pan to simmer with the meat.
- 6Season meat with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Sprinkle onion powder and oregano on meat.
- 8Distribute 1/4 cup of capers over the top of the chicken breasts.
- 9Reserve the second 1/4 cup for garnish.
- 10Roast chicken at 425 F (without turning) for 45 minutes
- 11Remove pan from oven and top each chicken breast with a generious
- 12slice of French or Swiss Raclette Cheese and leave in oven.
- 13Do not adjust oven temperature
- 14Melt cheese in oven for 5-10 minutes.
- 15Pour 1/2 cup of caper brine over the meat to precipitate the
- 16combniation flavors and aroma from the cheese and caper brine.
- 17Leave in oven for another 5-10 minutes
- 18Then entree is ready to serve for a hearty winter dinner.
- 19Use the additional 1/4 cup of capers to garnish the finished entree.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breast Raclette
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 621.8
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 220.3 mg
- Sodium 1492.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 72.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: