Prep 18 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tasty, quick salad from Cooking Light Superfast Suppers. Serve this salad with pita wedges or put it in a pita pocket for an easy sandwich. Posted for ZWT 2008.
- 8 ounces chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber (about 1 small)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (about 4 small)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint or 1⁄4 cup basil
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese with cracked pepper, crumbled
- 4 lemon wedges
- Combine first 8 ingredients. Toss gently.
- Gently fold in spinach and feta.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Awesome Greek salad! I opted for the fresh mint and highly reccommmend it. I had real nonfat Greek yogurt to use for this. It was absolutely fantastic. I think maybe I would serve this on a bed of spinach leaves instead of mixing them in, but that's just my preference. It's wonderful just as written. Thanx!