2 hrs 30 mins
Chef susan from Sandpoint,Idaho's Note:
A succulent chicken bursting with flavor
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs whole chickens, . washed and patted dry
- 5 -6 stalks celery, with leaves. cut in chunks
- 1 medium onion, large dice
- 15 -20 garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut in chunks
- 10 whole mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 potatoes, . peeled and cut length wise
- 12 ounces chicken broth
- 6 ounces dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Greek oregano
- sea salt, and fresh ground pepper start with a teaspoon and go from there
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a large roasting pan , I use the pan I roast my turkeys in with sides of 4 to 5 inches high. spray with cooking spray.
- 3Place cleaned chicken in center place potato's then toss all other veggies around chicken.
- 4drizzle everything with olive oil and salt and pepper and oregano.
- 5squeeze lemon on chicken and potato;s.
- 6start with half the broth and wine and pour around chicken.
- 7bake for aprrox.2 hours or until chicken falls off bones hours . adding more broth and wine as needed do not let corners of pan dry out.
- 8to serve be sure to get lots of pan juices with the chicken and veggies.
- 9serve with green salad crusty bread and a nice wine Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken for Sunday Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (934 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1234.0
- Calories from Fat 528
- Total Fat 58.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 213.8 mg
- Sodium 590.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 70.9 g