Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A succulent chicken bursting with flavor
Make and share this Chicken for Sunday Dinner recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs whole chickens, . washed and patted dry
- 5 -6 stalks celery, with leaves. cut in chunks
- 1 medium onion, large dice
- 15 -20 garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut in chunks
- 10 whole mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 potatoes, . peeled and cut length wise
- 12 ounces chicken broth
- 6 ounces dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Greek oregano
- sea salt, and fresh ground pepper start with a teaspoon and go from there
- 1 lemon, juice of
- preheat oven to 350.
- In a large roasting pan , I use the pan I roast my turkeys in with sides of 4 to 5 inches high. spray with cooking spray.
- Place cleaned chicken in center place potato's then toss all other veggies around chicken.
- drizzle everything with olive oil and salt and pepper and oregano.
- squeeze lemon on chicken and potato;s.
- start with half the broth and wine and pour around chicken.
- bake for aprrox.2 hours or until chicken falls off bones hours . adding more broth and wine as needed do not let corners of pan dry out.
- to serve be sure to get lots of pan juices with the chicken and veggies.
- serve with green salad crusty bread and a nice wine Enjoy.