1/3 Photos of Chicken Gyros Made on the Griddle
Any Greek/Cypriot holiday will at some point have seen "Gyros" a snack type dish with chicken done over charcoal added to a pitta bread (or sometimes other wraps and breads). Here is how to make a good tasting chicken at home without having a charcoal grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all the ingredients in a large dish.
- 2place the chicken breasts in whole and give them a good coating.
- 3cover and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours (overnight if possible).
- 4Preheat the griddle pan as hot as it goes.
- 5Place the chicken in and let it cook on one side for 5 minutes.
- 6Turn it over and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 7brush with more of the marinade and turn again (repeat one more time so its cooked in total for 20 minutes).
- 8Slice the chicken into thick slices.
- 9get a freshly warmed pitta bread and layer up with some salad and the chicken (as much as you can get in).
- 10add sauce if you like (lemon juice, tahini, mayo, chilli, garlic etc).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Gyros Made on the Griddle
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.5
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 108.7 mg
- Sodium 706.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 44.3 g