This sounds like a good Greek recipe for chicken livers with a difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse chicken livers, trim as necessary, cutting off any dark sections and dry them.
- 2Cover rice with boiling water, stir well and pour into a sieve.
- 3Rinse with cold water until water runs clear.
- 4Heat 45g.
- 5butter in pan, cook livers for 3 minutes until brown but still pink inside.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
- 7Add half the spring onions to the pan and sauté until lightly golden.
- 8Drain and set aside.
- 9Heat remaining butter in a heavy based pan.
- 10Sauté remaining spring onions for a few minutes then add pine nuts, almonds, raisins and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 11Add tomatoes rice and water with salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Bring to the boil, reduce heat and cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 13Top the rice with extra spring onions and livers.
- 14Reduce heat to very low and cook for further 10 to 15 minutes.
- 15Fluff up rice with a fork and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Livers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Liver Pilaf With Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 781.9
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 471.3 mg
- Sodium 232.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: