Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This sounds like a good Greek recipe for chicken livers with a difference.
Make and share this Chicken Liver Pilaf With Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse chicken livers, trim as necessary, cutting off any dark sections and dry them.
- Cover rice with boiling water, stir well and pour into a sieve.
- Rinse with cold water until water runs clear.
- Heat 45g.
- butter in pan, cook livers for 3 minutes until brown but still pink inside.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
- Add half the spring onions to the pan and sauté until lightly golden.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat remaining butter in a heavy based pan.
- Sauté remaining spring onions for a few minutes then add pine nuts, almonds, raisins and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes rice and water with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Top the rice with extra spring onions and livers.
- Reduce heat to very low and cook for further 10 to 15 minutes.
- Fluff up rice with a fork and serve hot.