A Good Thing's Note:
The name is funny but the taste is serious! These are so easy and just fantastic little additions to your next barbie. You can seriously impress your chicken-liver-loving-guests with these. I was impressed when I first had them because I HATED chicken livers before this. I must give credit to Ebenezer Scrooge! You know who you are... (;
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Have this recipe when you are already throwing a BBQ. It's not really worth it to fire up a grill just for these (perhaps).
- 2Add your wet Mesquite chips to your fire a few minutes before placing your boat on the grill rack. If you don't have mesquite chips you might want to add a few drops of Mesquite liquid smoke to your chicken livers and give them a stir.
- 3To build your boat: Take a sheet of aluminum foil about 2 feet long and fold it in thirds (short side, not long ways). This will give you a 3-ply "plank" to work with. Then, twist/fold each corner so that you create sides to your boat. Pinch corners to tighten. You want the sides and ends to be about an inch high. When all four corners are done you should have a little square or rectangle "boat" or box in which to place your chicken livers.
- 4Place chicken livers in the boat and sprinkle with Cavender's Greek Seasoning.
- 5Place on hot grill rack and close lid. These will cook pretty quickly so don't leave them for long -- about 5 to 7 minutes. Just check for proper doneness and make sure they don't overcook (this will dry them out).
- 6Remove from grill carefully and pass the toothpicks. Everyone should help themselves to a liver from the boat.
- 7Cold beer goes nicely with this as you wait for your steaks to cook. (;.
Browse Our Top Chicken Livers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Livers Boating on the BBQ
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 196.2 mg
- Sodium 40.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 9.7 g