My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and dry the chicken pieces.
- 2Place the oil in a wide saucepan and, when hot, fry the chicken pieces on both sides until they become golden.
- 3Take the chicken out, add and fry the onion and garlic until they are pale brown.
- 4Add the oregano, thyme, tomatoes and water, pressing them with a wooden spoon to break them up.
- 5Bring to the boil.
- 6Season with salt and pepper, add the chicken pieces, cover and cook the chicken for 20 minutes and then add 1 1/2 lbs of prepared okra on top.
- 7The okra should sit in but not be covered by the sauce.
- 8Add a little water if needed.
- 9Shake the pan and cook slowly for about 30 minutes without stirring, but rotating the saucepan occasionally.
- 10Continue cooking until the water has evaporated and the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- 11Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Okra
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.5
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 94.8 mg
- Sodium 314.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 26.8 g