A fast chicken dinner. Grilled or BBQ'ed chicken breast on top of a warm lentil salad. Gluten-free if a gluten-free chciken stock is used. Instead of chicken can use lamb or fish to serve with the salad
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast fillets (roughly 200 grams each piece)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped finely
- 2 slices rindless bacon, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 (400 g) cans lentils, drained and rinsed well
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- Cut each breast in half horizontally . You will have two thinnner slices of chicken breast that will cook much more quickly than a whole thick breast piece.
- Cook the chicken on an oiled grill plate, until browned both sides and cooked through. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Heat the olice oli in a medium saucepan. Cook the chopped onion, bacon and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion is browned and soft.
- Add the wine to the onion/bacon mix.
- When the wine is almost all evaporated, add the chicken stock and the drained and rinsed lentils. Remove from the heat when the lentils are hot and the stock has reduced by half.
- Add the quartered tomatoes and chopped parsley. Stir to combine.
- Serve the chicken with the lentil salad and sprinle over some additional parsley leaves as garnish.