Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love the combination of lemon, garlic and oregano common in so many Greek recipes. Naturally, I had to save this one found on the Cooking Light website. Have not tried it yet but will do so soon.
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried Greek oregano
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic and oregano in a sealable plastic bag. Add chicken, close and shake. Marinate in refrigerator 3 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken in a single layer in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until chicken is done. Juices will run clear.
This was yummy!! I cooked it tonight for my family. There are 7 of us so it is hard to find things that everyone likes. This was a hit. I used regular oregano and let it marinade about 2 hours. My oldest daughter ate it but thought the lemon taste was a bit to strong but she is my pickiest eater. Everyone else thought it was perfect. Will be making again. Thanks for the recipe.
I followed the recipe exactly as written, just used slightly less lemon juice and marinated a little under 3 hours... it came out to be very dry. Maybe I won't cook for the full 45 minutes next time? Not sure. Like the concept though. Think I will play around with this recipe a bit.
Great flavor. I use B/S chicken breasts, and only about 1/4 c. lemon juice. I never marinate overnight as the lemon tends to turn the chicken a bit mushy. I also like to use this recipe for OAMC, but I don't add the lemon juice until the chicken is thawing to prevent mushiness. Thanks for sharing. Diane