William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This is an excellent light curry dish to be served over cooked rice. I developed this recipe in Palm Springs, CA and it has been a big success with everyone who has tried it. The recipe name is very original as I named it after some friends of mine. Her name was "Doris" and I called her husband "Papa". Therefore, "CHICKEN PAPADORIS". You can also use chicken drumettes, wings or thighs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly roasted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 14 fluid ounces good quality coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (of your choice)
- 2 teaspoons tapioca or 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1Remove all fat from chicken breasts and discard.
- 2Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- 3In a large frying pan, melt butter, add onion and garlic and saute' until onions are translucent.
- 4Add chicken pieces, cover and fry until cooked through and have turned white, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in pine nuts, soy sauce, paprika, coconut milk, cumin and curry powder; cover and continue cooking for about 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6In a cup, mix together tapioca starch and water until dissolved.
- 7Near the end of cooking the chicken and while sauce is bubbling, add cornstarch mixture, small amounts at a time, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- 8Use only enough tapioca mixture so that the sauce has the consistency of gravy.
- 9Adjust seasonings to taste.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Papadoris
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.0
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 87.9 mg
- Sodium 442.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 26.6 g