1/6 Photos of Chicken, Pesto, and Olive Panini
Vicki in CT's Note:
Excellent blend of flavors. You don't need a panini press or Foreman Grill to make these delicious sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pieces flat bread (I use Toufayan brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce (I used Pesto or can use store bought pesto)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 10 leaves Baby Spinach
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cooked chicken breast, sliced (I used leftover grilled chicken)
- 1On bottom of both bread pieces brush on olive oil.
- 2Spread one tablespoon of pesto (or more if you like) on each piece of bread on the top side. So the bottom will have olive oil and the top will have pesto.
- 3On the the pesto side on ONE HALF of bread place spinach leaves. Repeat with other bread.
- 4On top of spinach place 1/4 of mozzarella. Repeat with other bread.
- 5Layer on chicken, olives, tomatoes and 1/4 of mozzarella. Repeat on other bread to make two complete sandwiches. Fold in half with the olive oil side on the outside.
- 6Grill on panini press or Foreman Grill.
- 7If you don't have these (as I don't) heat grill pan to medium heat. Wash two bricks and cover with foil. Place sandwiches side by side on grill pan. Place foil covered bricks on top. Cook on medium for 4-6 minutes. Turn over and replace bricks. Cook an additional 4-6 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is toasted brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Pesto, and Olive Panini
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.0
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 87.7 mg
- Sodium 884.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: