1/3 Photos of Chicken Pesto & Feta Cheese Sandwich
This is a great sandwich & about the best way I know to use leftover grilled chicken & roasted peppers, so plan ahead for it + marinating the mushrooms. My source is the Wildflower Bread Co in Scottsdale, AZ. Stated times do not include the original prep/cooking of the chicken & peppers or the refrigerated marination of the mushrooms. Enjoy! .. *Edited to Add* -- This recipe was included for Greece in ZWT6 due to its strong Mediterranean influence + the use of feta cheese & pesto. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Marinate mushrooms in balsamic vinegar for at least 24 hrs under refrigeration, stirring occasionally. Discard any excess marinade when ready to assumble sandwiches.
- 2Slice peppers into 1/4-in wide strips.
- 3Slice tomatoes into 1/4-in thick slices.
- 4Trim any fat or rib meat from the chicken breasts & grill till done.
- 5To assemble sandwich: Slice 1 roll in half lengthwise. Spread 1 oz of pesto on the bottom of the roll, then crumble 1 oz of feta on top of pesto, covering the entire surface.
- 6Place a chicken breast on top of the feta, then 1/2 oz of mushrooms on the chicken, 1 oz of roasted red pepper strips on top of the mushrooms & finish w/3 tomato slices & the top of the roll.
- 7Insert 2 toothpicks, slice on the diagonal & serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pesto & Feta Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.1
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 666.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 32.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: