From the June 26, 2009 edition of Athens Plus by Nena Ismyrnoglou.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 700 g minced chicken (a mixture of breast and leg meat without the skin taken straight from the refrigerator) or 700 g turkey (a mixture of breast and leg meat without the skin taken straight from the refrigerator)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium carrot (preferably organic)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme or 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- half a bunch fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 egg whites (preferably organic)
- pepper, freshly ground
- 2Finely grate the carrot and squeeze the juice out of it with your hands, keeping it aside to use in the sauce.
- 3Put the grated carrot in a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, kneading while wetting your hands every so often to prevent the meat sticking and to add the required moisture.
- 4Form 8 medium-sized rissoles, then place on an oiled baking tray that will fit all of them comfortably.
- 5Put the tray in the freezer (if it fits) for 20 minutes to firm the rissoles, or in the refrigerator for 40 minutes.
- 6Preheat the oven to 220C and bake the rissoles for 15 minutes, or grill at the top level of the oven. If the baking tray is cast iron, bake for 10 minutes without turning them over; otherwise cook for 7 minutes on one side and 5 minutes on the other.
- 8Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, adding the carrot juice.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- 10Pour over the rissoles to serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Rissoles With Thyme and Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.0
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 126.3 mg
- Sodium 190.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 40.7 g