Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the June 26, 2009 edition of Athens Plus by Nena Ismyrnoglou.
Make and share this Chicken Rissoles With Thyme and Ginger recipe from Food.com.
- 700 g minced chicken (a mixture of breast and leg meat without the skin taken straight from the refrigerator) or 700 g turkey (a mixture of breast and leg meat without the skin taken straight from the refrigerator)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium carrot (preferably organic)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme or 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- half a bunch fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 egg whites (preferably organic)
- pepper, freshly ground
- 100 g yogurt (zero fat)
- juice of a carrot
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dried mint or 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- Finely grate the carrot and squeeze the juice out of it with your hands, keeping it aside to use in the sauce.
- Put the grated carrot in a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, kneading while wetting your hands every so often to prevent the meat sticking and to add the required moisture.
- Form 8 medium-sized rissoles, then place on an oiled baking tray that will fit all of them comfortably.
- Put the tray in the freezer (if it fits) for 20 minutes to firm the rissoles, or in the refrigerator for 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220C and bake the rissoles for 15 minutes, or grill at the top level of the oven. If the baking tray is cast iron, bake for 10 minutes without turning them over; otherwise cook for 7 minutes on one side and 5 minutes on the other.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, adding the carrot juice.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Pour over the rissoles to serve.