1 hr 30 mins
From "Now You're Cookin' Greek!", I made this recipe to use up a package of phyllo pastry I bought for another recipe. It is really good and a great way use up leftover chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large leek, washed and sliced (white part only)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and blanched
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted and diced
- 3 tablespoons black olives, pitted and halved
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- ground black pepper
- 8 -16 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan, add the leek and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Heat the extra oil, add the chicken in batches, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- 5Drain the spinach, squeeze out the excess water, and chop roughly.
- 6In a large bowl, combine chicken, spinach, bell pepper, olives, feta, parsley, oregano, eggs, cream and pepper.
- 7Stir until well combined and set aside.
- 8Lightly grease an 9" square baking dish.
- 9Combine the extra oil and butter.
- 10Lay out the sheets of phyllo, put two together, and brush with the oil mixture.
- 11Put another two on top and brush again.
- 12Continue until you have four double sheets.
- 13Line the baking dish with the phyllo and trim around the edges.
- 14Fill with the chicken mixture.
- 15Brush the remaining sheets with oil in the same way as before, using the same amount.
- 16Place the phyllo on top of the baking dish, tucking the edges inside the baking dish.
- 17Brush the top with the oil mixture, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Roasted Bell Pepper, Olive and Feta Pie
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.7
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 284.3 mg
- Sodium 776.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 39.3 g