A classic Greek dish made easy. This is so delicious and healthy. Make extra tzatziki sauce to have with a basic cucumber, tomato and red onion salad. YUM! :)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (or chicken tenders)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 seedless cucumber, grated
- salt, for sprinkling
- 2 cups low-fat Greek yogurt (2-7 oz. containers)
- 3 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and made into a paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill, crushed
- salt & pepper
- Put chicken in zip-top plastic bag.
- In a bowl or measuring cup, add lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano, garlic,.
- olive oil, salt & pepper; whisk to combine.
- Pour marinade over chicken in bag, seal bag and shake to coat chicken.
- Let chicken marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- While chicken is marinating, prepare tzatziki sauce.
- Place grated cucumber in a colander, sprinkle with salt and let drain 30 minutes.
- Wring out any excess water from cucumber and combine with yogurt in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine, let sit for about 15 minutes to allow flavors to marry.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to hot grill pan; discard marinade.
- Grill chicken 4-5 minutes per side, until cooked thoroughly.
- Allow chicken to rest on cutting board for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over chicken before serving.
- Serve with Tzatziki Sauce.