1/2 Photos of Chicken Souvlaki With Tzatziki Sauce
A classic Greek dish made easy. This is so delicious and healthy. Make extra tzatziki sauce to have with a basic cucumber, tomato and red onion salad. YUM! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (or chicken tenders)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 seedless cucumber, grated
- salt, for sprinkling
- 2 cups low-fat Greek yogurt (2-7 oz. containers)
- 3 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and made into a paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill, crushed
- salt & pepper
- 1Put chicken in zip-top plastic bag.
- 2In a bowl or measuring cup, add lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano, garlic,.
- 3olive oil, salt & pepper; whisk to combine.
- 4Pour marinade over chicken in bag, seal bag and shake to coat chicken.
- 5Let chicken marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- 6While chicken is marinating, prepare tzatziki sauce.
- 7Place grated cucumber in a colander, sprinkle with salt and let drain 30 minutes.
- 8Wring out any excess water from cucumber and combine with yogurt in a bowl.
- 9Add lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt and pepper.
- 10Stir to combine, let sit for about 15 minutes to allow flavors to marry.
- 11Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- 12Add chicken to hot grill pan; discard marinade.
- 13Grill chicken 4-5 minutes per side, until cooked thoroughly.
- 14Allow chicken to rest on cutting board for 5 minutes.
- 15Squeeze lemon juice over chicken before serving.
- 16Serve with Tzatziki Sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Souvlaki With Tzatziki Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 80.1 mg
- Sodium 222.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 31.6 g