This is a Mediterranean/Greek recipe. It's very easy and can even be cooked in a crockpot. Serve with rice/orzo or mash potatoes and big Greek salad.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bring stock, garlic to a boil, remove from heat add lemon juice and white wine.
- Heat 1 tsp butter and oil in pan. Sauté chicken skin side down until skin is crisp.
- Put chicken in baking dish.
- Make roux: Heat 1 tsp butter and cook 3 tsp flour until lightly brown.
- Add roux to stock and whisk until slightly thickened and smooth.
- Pour stock and garlic over chicken.
- Add lemon slices.
- Bake 30 -40 minutes.
- Top with parsley and serve.
We really enjoyed this! We served it with Greek salad, and icy cold Retsina, from Corinthia! We were going to give it a 5, but thought maybe the sauce could be a little thicker. I will make double the amount of roux next time. Great recipe, thanks for sharing it! [Made for Fall 08 PAC]