1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups water
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups presliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese (1-1/2 ounces)
- 1Combine water and chicken in a 3-quart casserole.
- 2Cover with lid; microwave at high 30 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring after 15 minutes.
- 3Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving cooking liquid.
- 4Cool chicken slightly.
- 5Remove chicken from bones, and discard bones.
- 6Shred chicken with 2 forks to measure 2 1/2 cups.
- 7Combine broccoli and next 4 ingredients (broccoli through basil) in casserole.
- 8Cover; microwave at high 8 minutes or until tender, stirring after 4 minutes.
- 9Add the reserved cooking liquid, chicken, pasta, salt, and pepper.
- 10Cover; microwave at high 6 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 11Ladle soup into 6 bowls.
- 12Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken-Vegetable Soup With Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.3
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 128.2 mg
- Sodium 638.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 34.4 g