Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
DH can't get enough of this; I can't believe that the noodles cook in the same pot! Toula Patsalis hits a home run in "The Pressure Cooker Cookbook."
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large white onion (sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves (2-inch thick)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced lengthwise)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 bay leaf
- 16 ounces egg noodles (dry)
- 1⁄2 cup fontinella cheese, grated (2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (2 ounces)
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil. Add onion and saute in hot oil 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, chicken pieces, and peppers. Saute over medium-high heat 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth, tomato sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and herbs. Add noodles and stir again. Secure lid. Over high heat, develop steam to high pressure. Insert a heat diffuser between pan and heat. Reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook 10 minutes. Release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove lid.
- Combine cheeses. Discard bay leaf. Stir chicken and noodle mixture and
- transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Makes 6 servings.
We will definitely make this again.Fast and tasty! Good comfort food but not much fat in it. I used slightly under 16 oz. noodles, and I still ended up having to add more broth. And I used boneless skinless thighs. I give it 4 of 5 because it's just solid comfort food, nothing to really make it that special. But good and as I said, it will be made again.