DH can't get enough of this; I can't believe that the noodles cook in the same pot! Toula Patsalis hits a home run in "The Pressure Cooker Cookbook."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large white onion (sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves (2-inch thick)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced lengthwise)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 bay leaf
- 16 ounces egg noodles (dry)
- 1/2 cup fontinella cheese, grated (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (2 ounces)
- 1In a pressure cooker, heat oil. Add onion and saute in hot oil 3 minutes.
- 2Add garlic, chicken pieces, and peppers. Saute over medium-high heat 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in broth, tomato sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and herbs. Add noodles and stir again. Secure lid. Over high heat, develop steam to high pressure. Insert a heat diffuser between pan and heat. Reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook 10 minutes. Release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove lid.
- 4Combine cheeses. Discard bay leaf. Stir chicken and noodle mixture and
- 5transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 6Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Bell Peppers & Noodles for Pressure Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.0
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 121.5 mg
- Sodium 1587.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: