Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
- Clean the chicken, and make sure you wash it thoroughly.
- Put the chicken in a roasting pan.
- Peel and wash the potatoes.
- Cut each potato into 4 equal segments.
- Spread the potatoes around the chicken.
- Squeeze the lemons and add their juice to the roasting pan.
- Mix the potatoes with lemon juice.
- Add the oil.
- Add two cups of water.
- Mix the potatoes thoroughly with the surrounding juice.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 1 hour.
- Make sure to turn the chicken so that it will be cooked well on both sides.
I used a large roasting chicken and baked it at 350. An hour or so before it was done I added PEELED yukon gold potatoes (cut as directed, they soak up the juice better peeled I found)and large carrots (cut into 4 big pieces). I also cut the olive oil in 1/2 to save some calories. Was terrific and SO easy. One pan cleanup too!
I used small whole red potatoes instead of cutting up larger ones. Baked at 350 and added a little parsley for color. Absolutely delicious.
I was recommended this and it was delicious.