From the Oct. 3, 2008 Athens' Plus Magazine. Cook time is a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the chicken lengthwise into strips.
- 2Finely slice the shallots and carrots.
- 3Put the oil in a frying pan and cover with a lid.
- 4When heated, add the chicken and stir until slightly browned.(Be careful not to overcook the chicken or it will break up when stirred.).
- 5Add the shallots and carrots and stir vigorously.
- 7Add the nutmeg and, when the food is spattering, add the juice.
- 8Cover and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed.
- 9Meanwhile, mix the yogurt in a bowl with a little water, add the syrup and season lightly.
- 10When the food has absorbed its liquid, add the yogurt and syrup mixture and shake the pan while stirring continually, until a light sauce is formed.
- 11Place on a serving dish and scatter with almonds and pomegranate seeds. Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Pomegranate
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.6
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 71.0 mg
- Sodium 103.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: