From the Oct. 3, 2008 Athens' Plus Magazine. Cook time is a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the chicken lengthwise into strips.
- 2Finely slice the shallots and carrots.
- 3Put the oil in a frying pan and cover with a lid.
- 4When heated, add the chicken and stir until slightly browned.(Be careful not to overcook the chicken or it will break up when stirred.).
- 5Add the shallots and carrots and stir vigorously.
- 7Add the nutmeg and, when the food is spattering, add the juice.
- 8Cover and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed.
- 9Meanwhile, mix the yogurt in a bowl with a little water, add the syrup and season lightly.
- 10When the food has absorbed its liquid, add the yogurt and syrup mixture and shake the pan while stirring continually, until a light sauce is formed.
- 11Place on a serving dish and scatter with almonds and pomegranate seeds. Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Pomegranate
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.6
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 71.0 mg
- Sodium 103.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: