Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Oct. 3, 2008 Athens' Plus Magazine. Cook time is a guess.
Make and share this Chicken With Pomegranate recipe from Food.com.
- Slice the chicken lengthwise into strips.
- Finely slice the shallots and carrots.
- Put the oil in a frying pan and cover with a lid.
- When heated, add the chicken and stir until slightly browned.(Be careful not to overcook the chicken or it will break up when stirred.).
- Add the shallots and carrots and stir vigorously.
- Add the nutmeg and, when the food is spattering, add the juice.
- Cover and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, mix the yogurt in a bowl with a little water, add the syrup and season lightly.
- When the food has absorbed its liquid, add the yogurt and syrup mixture and shake the pan while stirring continually, until a light sauce is formed.
- Place on a serving dish and scatter with almonds and pomegranate seeds. Serve with rice.