Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This needs to sit for at least an hour for the flavours to 'marry'.
Make and share this Chickpea, Roasted Peppers and Capers Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted pepper or 1 (7 ounce) jar pimientos, drained, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (preferably Mediterranean)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- Combine all ingredients and season.
- Allow flavours to ‘marry’ at least 1 hour (in refrigerator) before serving.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead).
Wonderful, easy, delicious! Made the recipe exactly as written and we loved it!
Evelyn, this is delicious AND easy! I love capers so added a bit more. Nice, kinda Italian flavor. I'll make some next time I do an antipasto spread, this would go with it so well!
A little too much oil for me, but a good choice for a vegan potluck. thanks! bet it would be good with feta (barring the vegans...)