1/1 Photo of Chilled Cauliflower a La Grecque
3 hrs 25 mins
From a daily cookbook but I pulled it out and tossed the book a long time ago. It says that blanching takes the "bite" out of the cauliflower. Chilling the cauliflower longer, only enhances the flavor. For me the radishes are optional because I'm not fond of them. Note: There is a 3 hour marination so you can make at least 3 hours ahead of serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups cauliflower, in florets
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/3 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup red radish, small and whole
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup Greek olive (optional)
- 8 cups spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1In a large saucepan, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, basil, and garlic. Simmer while you prepare the cauliflower.
- 2In a large saucepan, parboil the cauliflower in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- 3Add cauliflower to dressing in saucepan. Toss to coat. Take off the heat and place in a bowl.
- 4Set aside to marinate for 1 hour at room temperature, then chill for 2 hours.
- 5Before serving, add parsley, onion, radishes, feta, and olive. Toss well.
- 6To serve, cover a large platter with spinach and with a slotted spoon, put the salad on top of the greens in the center of the platter. Pour remaining dressing over spinach and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Cauliflower a La Grecque
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.0
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 143.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g