1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Butter a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 3Line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
- 4Melt chcolate and butter in heavy medium-size saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Using electric mixer, beat egg yolks and 3/4 cup sugar in large bowl until thick; stir chocolate mixture into yolk mixture.
- 7Using clean dry beaters, beat egg whites in another large bowl until soft peaks form.
- 8Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar and beat until stiff but not dry.
- 9Carefully fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- 10Transfer butter to prepared pan.
- 11Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- 12Press down edges until even with middle of brownies.
- 13Cool completely.
- 14Using 2 3/4-inch diameter cookie cutter, cut out 12 rounds.
- 15Bring 1/2 cup whipping cream and vanilla extract to boil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 16Remove from heat.
- 17Add chopped chocolate and whisk until completely melted.
- 18Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- 19Preheat oven to 400°.
- 20Lightly butter rimmed baking sheet.
- 21Stir peanut butter and 4 teaspoons sugar in small bowl to blend.
- 22Cut each phyllo sheet in half crosswise to form twelve 13x8 1/2-inch strips.
- 23Place 1 phyllo strip vertically on work surface.
- 24Brush with melted butter.
- 25Place 2nd phyllo strip horizontally across first, forming a cross; brush with butter.
- 26Stack 2 brownies in center of pastry.
- 27Top brownies with 1 tablespoon ganache and 1 tablespoon peanut butter mixture.
- 28Gather ends of phyllo strips together over brownies to form a purse.
- 29Twist ends closed.
- 30Brush purse with melted butter and place on prepared baking sheet.
- 31Repeat with remaining ingredients to form a total of 6 purses.
- 32Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- 33Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Peanut Butter Phyllo Purses
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.5
- Calories from Fat 629
- Total Fat 69.9 g
- Saturated Fat 39.9 g
- Cholesterol 215.6 mg
- Sodium 210.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 16.9 g