1/1 Photo of Cilantro Hummus With Crispy Garlic Pita
A twist on plain hummus served with garlic pita.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 mild red chilies, seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 lime, juice of, only
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the Crispy Garlic Pita
- 1Place the garlic, chillies and cilantro in a food processor and whizz until finely chopped.
- 2Add the garbanzos and whizz until well blended.
- 3With the motor running, squeeze in the lime juice and drizzle in the olive oil to make a fairly coarse paste.
- 4Season well to taste and spoon into a serving bowl.
- 5Meanwhile, mix together the olive oil, garlic and parsley and season.
- 6Heat one side of the pita breads under a hot broiler for about 1 minute until well browned.
- 7Turn over the bread, then use a knife to slash the softer surface 4-5 times without cutting through the bread.
- 8Brush with the herb and oil mixture and return to the broiler until bubbling and toasted (about 1 minute).
- 9When cool, break into pieces and serve with the hummus.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro Hummus With Crispy Garlic Pita
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.0
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 641.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 11.1 g